Boost logo

Boost Testing :

From: Aleksey Gurtovoy (agurtovoy_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-09-28 20:23:13

Beman Dawes writes:
>>> For example, the "mslator" HEAD tests haven't run since the 13th,
>>> so are needlessly bothering people who have fixed regressions
>>> since that date.
>>>
>>> As a guess, 4 days out-of-date might be a good starting point for the
>>> cutoff.
>>
>> This would be great, but I'm not quite sure how to do it. We could
>> try to teach the XSLT that generates the e-mail about dates and
>> times, probably using the EXSLT date-time extensions. Or, we could
>> just have a daemon that clears out old submissions on the MetaComm
>> server. Preferences?
>
> Clearing out old submissions seems preferable to me. That solves both the
> specific problem I posed, plus keeps the web page more up-to-date.

I'd prefer not to remove the stale results from the pages
automatically:

1) There are platforms for which the results are updated on a weekly
   basis.

2) Even if the results are in fact stale, they often serve as a
   reminder to the corresponding runner and, more importantly, the
   reports' audience, who are more likely to bug the former about
   bringing them up-to-date.

I'd have no problems with implementing the original feature request,
though.

--
Aleksey Gurtovoy
MetaCommunications Engineering