Boost logo

Boost Testing :

From: Rene Rivera (grafik.list_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-10-10 15:44:54

I just checked in changes to implement a new bjam option:

     -lx Limit actions to x number of seconds after which they are
stopped.

This is somewhat what the current build monitor program does but is
implemented with knowledge of the process internals. This allows it to
stop actions in any context, although with some rather entertaining
effects. Currently this is only implemented on Windows NT and above. So
Unix, Linux, POSIX implementations are welcome.

The rather interesting effects on Windows is that even though this will
kill off the running action it will not close the assertion and other
dialogs as those are put up by the JIT debug process and the bjam
solution exclusively kills processes that it launches. But the JIT debug
process can only put up one of those dialogs at a time so if one closes
the next one will pop up even though the process might be long gone at
that point.

And since I'm exclusively killing sub-processes it solves the build
monitor problem of closing off unrelated windows.

Enjoy; code is in HEAD.

--
-- Grafik - Don't Assume Anything

Boost-testing list run by mbergal at meta-comm.com