Boost logo

Boost Testing :

From: Jim Douglas (jim_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-10-20 01:48:52

Robert Ramey wrote:
> Boost Compiler Status Error Log
> "Jim Douglas" <jim_at_[hidden]> wrote in message
>
>>...AFAIK there is not an option to suppress this warning in gcc
>>version 3.3.5 (or indeed any version of gcc).
>
> I've wondered about this myself.

OK I can stop complaining. I found the relevent section in the g++
manual to supress this warning. It is listed as a 'Dialect' option and
not a 'Warning Message' option which is why I missed to the first time:

"-Wnon-virtual-dtor (C++ only)
     Warn when a class appears to be polymorphic, thereby requiring a
virtual destructor, yet it declares a non-virtual one. This warning is
enabled by -Wall."

[and turned off by -Wno-non-virtual-dtor]

Having done that I got a couple of warnings from this department:

"-Wctor-dtor-privacy (C++ only)
     Warn when a class seems unusable because all the constructors or
destructors in that class are private, and it has neither friends nor
public static member functions. This warning is enabled by default."

And I also saw some signed/unsigned comparison warnings.

Any comments?

[PS Rene - is bjam flexible enough to allow suppression of these
warnings on a per-library basis?]

Jim

Boost-testing list run by mbergal at meta-comm.com