Boost logo

Boost Testing :

From: David Abrahams (dave_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-10-29 05:24:27

Hi All (especially Aleksey and Misha!),

I note the following:

* http://engineering.meta-comm.com/boost-regression/1_33_0/developer/issues.html
  is titled "Unresolved Issues: CVS-RC_1_33_0." IIUC, we're looking
  at the list of unresolved issues for the version 1.33.0, not the
  current state of the release branch. The same goes for
  http://engineering.meta-comm.com/boost-regression/1_33_0/developer/summary_release.html, etc.

* There's no link from http://engineering.meta-comm.com/boost.aspx to
  the tables for the current state of RC_1_33_0. I think it would be
  helpful to have one.

* I think it might be very helpful if the various views contained a
  small amount of descriptive text at the very beginning. For
  example, the Developer View might start with:

    This view is designed for developers of Boost libraries. It
    emphasizes the issues that need to be resolved in order for a
    release to occur.

  and the user view might start with:

    This view is designed for users of Boost libraries. It shows which
    (parts of) various Boost libraries can be expected to work on a
    given compiler/platform, by emphasizing test failures.

* I keep forgetting what the "Full View/Release View" toggle is all
  about. The descriptive text suggested above would be a big help.

Thanks for the truly wonderful support for Boost testing you have
given us so far; I hope these points will be helpful!

--
Dave Abrahams
Boost Consulting

Boost-testing list run by mbergal at meta-comm.com