Boost logo

Boost Testing :

From: Jim Douglas (jim_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-11-03 01:24:35

David Abrahams wrote:
> I believe that Boost.Build v2 (soon to replace v1) supports
> cross-compilation, but you should take that up on the appropriate list
> (http://www.boost.org/more/mailing_lists#jamboost)

Will do. Thanks.

>>2. Even if cross compilation was possible the run-time testing cannot be
>>deferred and performed separately on another machine.
>
> You've got a point there.

It may not be too difficult. The stages would be:

1. Build all the libraries and test executables and collect the results.
2. Transfer the above to the target machine (preferably via Ethernet)
3. Run the tests on the target and collect the results.
4. Merge the two sets of results and process.

I the short term we may have to produce an install kit containing
headers, pre-built libraries and documentation for QNX cross development
  systems. It would help to increase the user confidence if the kit also
contained some test & example programs that can be built and run after
installation. For now, this is the only way we are going to be able to
test the Intel compiler for QNX because it only runs under Windows :~(

Regards
Jim

Boost-testing list run by mbergal at meta-comm.com