Boost logo

Boost Testing :

From: Aleksey Gurtovoy (agurtovoy_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-11-05 21:19:51

David Abrahams writes:
> Hi All (especially Aleksey and Misha!),
>
> I note the following:
>
> * http://engineering.meta-comm.com/boost-regression/1_33_0/developer/issues.html
> is titled "Unresolved Issues: CVS-RC_1_33_0." IIUC, we're looking
> at the list of unresolved issues for the version 1.33.0, not the
> current state of the release branch.

Correct; this is an artifact of how the release results were produced.

> The same goes for
> http://engineering.meta-comm.com/boost-regression/1_33_0/developer/summary_release.html, etc.

Fixed now.

> * There's no link from http://engineering.meta-comm.com/boost.aspx to
> the tables for the current state of RC_1_33_0. I think it would be
> helpful to have one.

It's there now.

> * I think it might be very helpful if the various views contained a
> small amount of descriptive text at the very beginning. For
> example, the Developer View might start with:
>
> This view is designed for developers of Boost libraries. It
> emphasizes the issues that need to be resolved in order for a
> release to occur.
>
> and the user view might start with:
>
> This view is designed for users of Boost libraries. It shows which
> (parts of) various Boost libraries can be expected to work on a
> given compiler/platform, by emphasizing test failures.

There is already something to that effect on the "Report info" pages
of these views, but I guess it won't hurt to have such text on each
page. Put on the TODO list
(http://www.crystalclearsoftware.com/cgi-bin/boost_wiki/wiki.pl?Boost.Testing).

> * I keep forgetting what the "Full View/Release View" toggle is all
> about.

The release view filters out all but the required compilers.

> The descriptive text suggested above would be a big help.

Noted.

> Thanks for the truly wonderful support for Boost testing you have
> given us so far; I hope these points will be helpful!

They are! Please keep them coming.

--
Aleksey Gurtovoy
MetaCommunications Engineering