Boost logo

Boost Testing :

From: Martin Wille (mw8329_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-11-15 03:38:19

Stefan Slapeta wrote:

> BTW: I don't know if this is a good idea or not, but what about showing
> only the newest result for each toolset? Wouldn't that be much more
> concise? A precondition would be that everyone creates a toolset that
> includes the exact compiler version (which IMO would be a good idea
> anyway!!).

It's not a good idea.

Test results do not only depend on the compiler but also a lot on other
factors like OS version, versions of ICU, Python, C library, and the
kernel version. They also can depend on the number of CPUs in the system.

Specifying all these factors in high detail for some form of
standardized test environment wouldn't be a good idea, either (if it was
possible). Diversity of the test environments is a key factor for
producing portable high quality software.

Regards,

Boost-testing list run by mbergal at meta-comm.com