Boost logo

Boost Testing :

From: John Maddock (john_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-12-12 08:37:35

It's recently been pointed out to me that the full version of VC8 has an
/analyse mode that carries out quite extensive code analysis in addition to
the usual compilation.

No doubt we can improve our code quality by using tools like this, so the
question is: would either of the VC8 testers be willing to run their tests
in this mode?

One potential pitfall is compilation time: I've no idea whether it's
actually viable to do this.

The next issue is how to get the code-analysis warnings reported back to the
user - we already have a general problem of warnings not being reported
which desperately needs fixing IMO. Another option would be to turn
analysis warnings into errors.

Thoughts?

Thanks, John.

Boost-testing list run by mbergal at meta-comm.com