Boost logo

Boost Testing :

From: Rene Rivera (grafik.list_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-12-13 16:18:09

Andreas Huber wrote:
> Hi Rene
>

>>>Some xpressive tests randomly failed without any error message on
>>>[huber] test platform, vc-7_1. These tests pass for vc-7_1 elsewhere.
>>>Any clues?
>>
>>If it's a lengthy compile, and Andreas is using bjam action timeouts
>>(-lx).
>
> I'm passing --monitored to regression.py. I guess this in turn results
> in -lx being passed to bjam...

It doesn't, you have to add the "-lx" option manually. The --monitored
does run things with a timeout (--timeout option). And if you don't
specify that timeout it defaults to 5 minutes. I don't know all the
conditions under which that monitor works though. But it's been shown
that 5 minutes is usually not long enough.

>>Then that would be the expected output.
>
> Is there any way to add an appropriate message to the output in the case
> of a timeout? I'm asking because nobody seemed to know about the
> possibility of timeouts when Dave Abrahams reported a similar failure in
> one of his libraries.

Not that it's going to help in this case ;-) But I'll try. I looked at
it briefly and it's not easy to add a meaningful message.

--
-- Grafik - Don't Assume Anything

Boost-testing list run by mbergal at meta-comm.com