Boost logo

Boost Testing :

From: John Maddock (john_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-12-14 04:48:26

> I have "Software Developer" from MSDN downloads and /analyze
> seems to work fine (there is also "Software Architect" edition). My
> computer finished running tests ~2.5 hours ago (it took about 5 hours
> to run, on AMD 3700+) and results are in our regression tests (runner
> Bronek, toolset vc-8_0_analyze) . Full results (compressed bjam.log
> and bronek.xml) can be also downloaded from
> http://b.kozicki.pl/boost_rtest/head . It's enough to say that
> bjam.log is 184MB large (compressed to bjam.zip is
> 6.5MB) !

Thanks Bronek!

We now need to decide what we're going to do with these :-)

Looking through the logs it seems there are a lot of spurious messages -
references to dereferencing a NULL pointer in shared_ptr from Boost.Test,
but when you actually look at the code I'm certain that can't happen.
Likewise in regex the following code:

std::string result(10, ' ');

Produces a NULL-pointer dereference warning inside basic_string!

So... lot's of good old fashioned brainpower required to interpret the
results.

Probably the one thing we can't do is make these errors.

John.

Boost-testing list run by mbergal at meta-comm.com