Boost logo

Boost Testing :

From: Jim Douglas (jim_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-12-18 03:15:51

Let me summarise a few points...

I think all the tests so far have eliminated bzip2 and point the finger
at tar.

Aleksy, What version of tar are you using? How do you check that it is
unpacking correctly? Are you comparing 'before' and 'after' trees? Do
you have the ability to generate an md5 sum for the tar and tar.bz2 files?

The problem that John and I face is that tar will unpack the file
without producing an error message but we have no way of validating the
tree that is produced. I guess what we need is a text file produced by
'ls' or 'find' that we can use to validate the unpacking process.

How do you account for the fact that WinZip (9.0) will not recognise the
tar file? I have never experienced problems with WinZip before. I don't
think we can dismiss this factor out of hand.

Upgrading the version of tar under QNX is no trivial matter. I can put
in a support request to QNX and order them to fix it ASAP but I have to
be sure of my facts i.e. I have to be fully confident that the tar file
you have produced is valid.

Using anonymous CVS is my preferred option but right now I understand
that it is out of service. See -

http://sourceforge.net/docs/A04/en/#top

Regards
Jim