Boost logo

Boost Testing :

From: Reece Dunn (msclrhd_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-01-02 16:20:15

Martin Wille wrote:
>Aleksey Gurtovoy wrote:
> > Eric Niebler writes:
>[...]
> >>The problem is, all information about the actual failure has been
> >>trimmed! I've got nothing but a pile of warnings. This seems ...
> >>suboptimal.
> >
> > Well, suggestions are welcome.
>
>Would it be possible to grab the first 32K and the last 32K of an error
>message instead of the first 64K? I think it is quite likely that the
>relevant portion is at the start or at the end of the output.

Or if you change the BJam to XML converter to capture the output to a
stringstream (output), then do:

   std::string line;
   while( std::getline( output, str ))
   {
      std::cout << "<line>" << str << "</line>" << std::endl;
   }

this will solve the large output problem as it will be broken into line tags
with text nodes that are small enough to be processed by xsltproc. This will
change the way that the XML is processed:

If the line elements are guaranteed to be in an output element, you can
have:

<xsl:template name="output">
   <pre><xsl:apply-templates/></pre>
</xsl:template>

<xsl:template name="output/line"><xsl:apply-templates/>&#x09;</xsl:template>

NOTE: there is a lack of space in the pre element and the line template.
This is to prevent any extra whitespace being added inside the pre element.
The &#x09; (or &#x0A;, I can't remember which) will add a newline to the
output.

The alternative is to not use pre and replace with <div> elements for each
output/line element, but this would be more complex.

Therefore, you don't need to truncate any output :).

HTH,
Reece

Boost-testing list run by mbergal at meta-comm.com