Boost logo

Boost Testing :

From: Jim Douglas (jim_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-02-23 15:44:46

Gennadiy Rozental wrote:
>>I have not been able to complete a regression test run since Monday when
>>the two new Boost.graph bidir* tests were introduced. Under QNX my PC
>>hangs during the 'bidir_vec_remove_edge' test.
>>
>>The system diagnostics tell me that the process is blocked against a
>>mutex, but I am unable to ascertain which other process/thread also
>>shares this mutex. Does this test/library explicitly use mutexes?
>

> Boost.Test used shared_ptr which may use mutexes. Other then that no.
>

>>I have tried to use regression.py with the the options "--monitored
>>--timeout=15" but this does not cancel the test. What mechanism is used
>>to cancel a wayward test?
>>
>>If I attach gdb to the process, the last point in the source code
>>appears to be in "boost::execution_monitor::catch_signals()" before it
>>(possibly) enters a system library routine.

I carried out further investigation and it looks like the problem may be
in test rather than graph. If I put some trace cout statements into
test_main() in bidir_vec_remove_edge.cpp and run the test I get nothing
on the screen. Where should I look to find the code that preceeds the
call to test_main?

Jim

Boost-testing list run by mbergal at meta-comm.com