Boost Testing :
From: Reece Dunn (msclrhd_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-02-26 06:50:10
I have fixed several issues with the V2 port of regression.py which I have
made available at
https://zigzag.cs.msu.su/boost.build/wiki/BoostRegressionsV2. This includes:
* the mvsc --> msvc fix;
* the fix for deleting unicode directories (already in the V1 version);
* a fix for preventing a Traceback when using --monitored (although I
haven't been able to get monitored builds working yet);
* a fix for cygwin/python which doesn't appear to have platform.system();
* fixed the process_jam_log source_dir where regression.py looks for the
exe (it is in boost_dir/dist/bin);
* fixed the log function to keep the output in sync, so you don't end up
with output like:
# Building "process_jam_log.exe"
tx86\bjam.exe" --v2 "-sBOOST_BUILD_PATH=c:\devel\regression"
s\jam\src\bin.ntx86\bjam.exe" --v2 "-sBOOST_BUILD_PATH=c:\devel\regression"
warning: toolset python initialization: can't find tool python2.4
warning: initialized from
Building Boost.Regex with the optional Unicode/ICU support disabled.#
for "process_jam_log.exe" in "c:\devel\regression\boost\dist\bin"...
# process_jam_log.exe succesfully built in
Please refer to the Boost.Regex documentation for more information
(and if you don't know what ICU is then you probably don't need it).
...found 459 targets...
# Making "c:\devel\regression\results" directory...
The last fix is done by chanding log to:
def log( message ):
sys.stderr.write( '# %s\n' % message )
NOTE: This is not an ideal fix if the stdout and stderr streams are
interleaved before the call to flush (e.g. OEOE would become OOEE where O is
stdout and E is stderr output).
There are probably a few other fixes I have made, but they are the main