Boost logo

Boost Testing :

From: Vladimir Prus (ghost_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-02-27 02:05:43

Daniel James wrote:

> I tried building Boost.RegEx and got the following error.
>
>>bjam --v2 dmc runtime-link=static
> warning: Python location is not configured
> warning: the Boost.Python library won't be built
> Building Boost.Regex with the optional Unicode/ICU support disabled.
> Please refer to the Boost.Regex documentation for more information
> (and if you don't know what ICU is then you probably don't need it).
> C:/src/boost/tools/build/v2/kernel\modules.jam:66: in modules.call-in
> rule dmc.link.dll unknown in module dmc.

No wonder. See the "FIXME" before the "link" action. In V1, the DMC toolset
does not seem to support dynamic linking at all. And in V2, DMC toolset is
1-1 port of V1 version. But in V2, dynamic linking is default.

Can you tell me what command line option to the linker should I pass to
create DLL, as opposed to an executable. And does that option produces
import lib automatically, or should I run separate executable? And what's
the command line for that with DMC?

Thanks,
Volodya

Boost-testing list run by mbergal at meta-comm.com