Boost logo

Boost Testing :

From: Rene Rivera (grafik.list_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-03-06 19:10:03

Reece Dunn wrote:
> Rene Rivera wrote:
>> Reece Dunn wrote:
>>> This leads me to the following question: isn't there a better way of
>>> performing a monitored build and detecting non-responsive applications?
>> Yes, don't use "--monitored", instead add the bjam option "-l300" with
>> "--bjam-options=-l300" to regression.py. The bjam time limit doesn't
>> have the drawbacks that the monitor exe has, it does have others though :-)
>
> Cool, thanks!
>
> Out of interest... what are the limitations of -l600?

1. It applies to *all* bjam actions, not just test actions.

2. It times clock duration not idle or unresponsive time.

3. Even though it kills the offending programs, and the build continues.
  It doesn't close the debug or assert dialogs since they are presented
by a totally independent process. So at the end you'll have to manually
dismiss them.

4. It's only implemented on Windows, but so is the monitor. Still
looking for someone to volunteer code to remedy this ;-)

Some of those could be viewed as benefits also.

--
-- Grafik - Don't Assume Anything

Boost-testing list run by mbergal at meta-comm.com