Boost logo

Boost Testing :

From: Martin Wille (mw8329_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-03-13 10:37:22

Vladimir Prus wrote:
> Doug Gregor wrote:

>> I expect
>>we'll need the ability to tell regression.py to use a specific user-
>>config.jam instead of the one in $HOME.
>

> Well, you can have adjust $HOME before starting regression.py. Anyway, when
> that becomes a real issue I'll devise some solution.

"adjusting" $HOME sounds like a very bad idea to me.

Relying on anything being put into the runners home directory, except
for default settings, sounds wrong as well.

The current setup seems to require either to create multiple accounts
and to sort out permission issues or to fiddle with $HOME and let other
scripts break.

To quote myself: "A reasonably idiot-proof transition guide for the
testers would be helpful (at least in my case). That guide must not
require putting files into the runners home directory"

Regards,

Boost-testing list run by mbergal at meta-comm.com