Boost logo

Boost Testing :

From: Douglas Gregor (doug.gregor_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-04-11 14:17:24

On Apr 11, 2006, at 9:22 AM, Vladimir Prus wrote:

> Douglas Gregor wrote:
>
>> Hi all,
>>
>> I have *finally* switched the OSL tester over to V2 on the RC_1_34_0
>> branch. The results are up now, and it looks like we'll have to do a
>> little tweaking to get everything working again.
>
> Hmm, indeed, there are strange failures. For example,
> filesystem/operations_test:
>
> http://tinyurl.com/r8taz
>
> fails with:
>
> /usr/bin/ld: can't locate file for: -lcrt0.o
>
> Any ideas about this one?

Yeah, we shouldn't be linking with "-static" on darwin, ever. The
runtime always needs to be dynamically linked, so they don't provide
static libraries for it. If I remove this bit from gcc.jam, the
filesystem tests link and run properly on Darwin:

# For <runtime-link>static we made sure there are no dynamic libraries
# in the link
flags gcc.link OPTIONS <runtime-link>static : -static ;

If we can make that disappear for Darwin, but keep it around for all
of the other GCC variants, we'll be all set.

        Doug

Boost-testing list run by mbergal at meta-comm.com