Boost logo

Boost Testing :

From: Vladimir Prus (ghost_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-04-12 03:17:11

Aleksey Gurtovoy wrote:

> Vladimir Prus writes:
>> Hi,
>> the results for the Digital Mars compiler from metacomm are pretty bad at
>> the moment -- just 5 libraries show up green. I doubt that this sitation
>> can change unless serious effort is spend both on Boost side and on
>> compiler side,
>
> I question the "serious effort" part.

Well, the compiler is in this state for months. Maybe the effort is actually
two hours, but nobody has found that time yet. How this is going to change?

>> and it does not seem like this effort is happening.
>>
>> So: maybe we should stop testing that compiler?
>
> I'd reluctant to do so, for the reasons outlined in
> http://article.gmane.org/gmane.comp.lib.boost.devel/126657.

Unless somebody actually addresses the Boost.Test issues and whatever
language corners the compiler has troubles with, I don't think how those
results are useful to orginary library authors.

- Volodya

Boost-testing list run by mbergal at meta-comm.com