Boost logo

Boost Testing :

From: Vladimir Prus (ghost_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-07-12 08:02:16

On Wednesday 12 July 2006 13:38, John Maddock wrote:
> There are quite a few TR1 tests that are failing with sunpro, that appear
> to be an include path problem. I believe this was working OK with bbv1,
> but the include paths appear to be coming out in the wrong order with the
> current bbv2.
>
> A typical list of errors here: http://tinyurl.com/pcwf5 suggests that the
> "real" version of <memory> is getting included rather than the Tr1 version.
> The command line shows that the TR1 headers are in the path, but *after*
> the Boost include path, and while I'm not completely sure, I believe this
> is the problem (I've seen issues like this before, but they're really hard
> to diagnose without spending way too much time studying pre-processor
> outputs). So... anyone any ideas why the toolset is injecting the boost
> path ahead of other <include> directives?

Hi John,
as far as Boost.Build V2 is concerned, boost include directory and TR1 include
directory as the same, they are both specified using <include> feature, and
no specific order is guaranteed.

I think V1 has <sysinclude>, but I never seen any explanation how it's
that's making it working in V1.

Can somebody confirm that?

Alternatively, I can try to revive the mechanism for controlling includes
order, that will allow you to write:

  <include>$(BOOST_ROOT)&&$(BOOST_ROOT)/boost/tr1/tr1

And have $(BOOST_ROOT) and $(BOOST_ROOT)/boost/tr1/tr1 appears in exactly this
order.

- Volodya

--
Vladimir Prus