Boost logo

Boost Testing :

From: Doug Gregor (dgregor_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-09-21 13:53:06

On Sep 16, 2006, at 10:52 PM, David Abrahams wrote:

> Hi Jonathan and Doug,
>
> I'm trying to resolve these last two failures:
> http://engineering.meta-comm.com/boost-regression/CVS-RC_1_34_0/
> developer/issues_release_.html#python
>
> I can't reproduce the problems here, but I can reproduce them on the
> OSL machine where the testing takes place. I don't know whether this
> is a configuration issue, or what. Tried my darnedest to get more
> information in the error report, but that version of Numeric doesn't
> seem to want to print arrays out. Also, I can't seem to import the
> Numeric module into python when I run it by hand, although it does
> seem to import when I let bjam run the tests. Very fishy. Is
> something wrong with that installation?

Something might be broken in the installation... it's hard to say. It
appears that we have the numarray and numpy modules installed, but
not Numeric.

Still, I have no idea what's going wrong. Before the BBv2 switch, I
believe we were using Python installations compiled with the same
compiler as we were testing, e.g., the GCC 3.3.6 tests used Python
2.3.5 compiled with GCC 3.3.6. Now I'm not certain... we might be
using the system-compiled Python.

If it would help, I could probably build a new Python along with
Numeric on the test system, and use that for testing.

        Doug

Boost-testing list run by mbergal at meta-comm.com