Boost logo

Boost Testing :

From: Martin Wille (mw8329_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-11-11 13:56:30

Roland Schwarz wrote:
> The read_write_mutex is not being shipped as part of the
> RC_1_34_0 of boost.
>
> I already removed the respective tests from the libs/thread/test
> jamfiles.
>
> Please remove them from the status pages too:
> http://engineering.meta-comm.com/boost-regression/CVS-RC_1_34_0/developer/thread_release.html
>

> It has been suggested by Rene Rivera to post this request to
> the testing list. I do not know how I can remove it, nor do I know if
> I should do it myself. If so, please instruct me how I could do this.

The test runners heard you and will (hopefully) do the right thing.

However, the right thing is not removing the results from the status
page but removing results from the HDs of the testers so that they don't
get reported to the table generating system anymore (this affects only
incremental runners; clean runners remove all test results regularly,
anyway)

As a library maintainer, there's not a lot you can do, except for
posting your request on this list as you did.

Volodya, Rene: It would be *great* if BB would be extended so that tests
could be marked as obsolete in order to instruct incremental runners to
automatically remove the respective result directories. That would
reduce the communication problems between library maintainers and
testers and would also support unattended incremental testing better.

Regards,

Boost-testing list run by mbergal at meta-comm.com