Boost logo

Boost Testing :

From: Rene Rivera (grafikrobot_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-11-13 09:41:57

Aleksey Gurtovoy wrote:
> Rene Rivera writes:
>> Aleksey Gurtovoy wrote:
>>> FWIW, we build bjam with Visual Studio 2003 (on every cycle), which
>>> involves running the corresponding "vcvars32.bat" from the same
>>> "regression.py" session that then proceeds with the regression tests
>>> themselves. Could this be the culprit?
>> Yes it could. I'm not sure what the effect, or non-effect, of running
>> multiple vcvars scripts in the same env are.
>
> Doesn't Boost.Build itself have to run the corresponding 'vcvars'
> before invoking the compiler?

It does... But since env variables are inherited it may be that the 6.5
vcvars script is not dealing with another set of vars being set.

>> Any, but to prevent things from trying to build it's best to do it from
>> the root/tools/build/v2 directory.
>
> Okay, here's what we get:
>
> notice: <toolset>msvc-6.5
> notice: <toolset>msvc-7.0
> notice: <toolset>msvc-7.1
> notice: <toolset>borland-5.6.4
> notice: <toolset>borland-5.8.1
> notice: <toolset>borland-5.8.2
> notice: <toolset>cw-8.3
> error: no Jamfile in current directory found, and no target references specified.

Grrr... I asked for the wrong information. I mean run "bjam --v2
--debug-configuration".

It will show things like:

msvc: condition: '<toolset>msvc-7.1/<architecture>/<address-model>',
msvc: condition: '<toolset>msvc-7.1/<architecture>/<address-model>32',
msvc: condition: '<toolset>msvc-7.1/<architecture>x86/<address-model>',
  msvc: condition:
'<toolset>msvc-7.1/<architecture>x86/<address-model>32', command: 'call
"C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio .NET
2003\Vc7\bin\vcvars32.bat" >nul
'

The point is to check that it's matching the correct vcvars to each vc
version.

--
-- Grafik - Don't Assume Anything

Boost-testing list run by mbergal at meta-comm.com