Boost logo

Boost Testing :

From: Juergen Hunold (hunold_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-11-15 14:15:56

Hi Martin !

On Wednesday 15 November 2006 20:05, Martin Wille wrote:
> Juergen Hunold wrote:
> > On Tuesday 14 November 2006 19:12, Martin Wille wrote:
> > Some tests now explicitly link against the static Boost.Test
> > library on Linux. This might explain the increase in disk space.
>
> OK, this assumption is correct. However, it's only one half of the
> story.

So i guessed right :-((

> Today, I learnt that the code in the Boost.Build that is supposed to
> delete the executables after a test ran successfully doesn't exist in
> BBv2.

Ouch.

> The good news is that Volodya is already working on a remedy.

Glad to hear.

> I hope there's a compelling reason for statically linking.

The only reason is to be consistant on all platforms. The use of shared
libraries with msvc requires special support. This support is not
available for serialisation, so we link static for _all_ platform now
in order to get (nearly) the same errors on all platforms.
In theory, I could try to add a small static library to those libraries
containing the "main" function. That would increase size slightly.
But that has to be tested with msvc.
So I'll wait and see what Volodya does...

Yours,

Jürgen

--
* Dipl.-Math. Jürgen Hunold  ! Ingenieurgesellschaft für
* voice: ++49 511 262926 57  ! Verkehrs- und Eisenbahnwesen mbH

Boost-testing list run by mbergal at meta-comm.com