Boost logo

Boost Testing :

From: Anthony Williams (anthony_w.geo_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-11-23 05:11:43

Vladimir Prus <ghost_at_[hidden]> writes:

> Anthony Williams wrote:
>
>> Anthony Williams <anthony_w.geo_at_[hidden]> writes:

>>> I will do.
>>
>> Except I don't know how. No-one replied to my earlier question:
>>
>>> Is it just a matter of changing user-config.jam lines?
>>> e.g.
>>>
>>> using msvc : 8.0express_release ;
>>> using msvc : 7.1_release ;
>>
>> And my suggestion here doesn't work.
>
> Doesn't work in what way? This will work on gcc for sure, and having no
> access to msvc I can only suggest something if you tell what problem you
> got.

It doesn't run the appropriate vcvars32.bat, for starters, since "7.1_release"
is not one of the recognized variants for autodetection.

using msvc : 7.1_release : c:/local/vc71/bin/vcvars32.bat && c:/local/vc71/bin/cl.exe : ;

doesn't work either, complaining about "&&" being invalid, despite the example
at
http://www.boost.org/regression-logs/cs-win32_metacomm/doc/html/bbv2/advanced.html#bbv2.advanced.configuration
using it.

Anthony