Boost logo

Boost Testing :

From: Rene Rivera (grafikrobot_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-12-01 17:14:45

Jim Douglas wrote:
> Rene Rivera wrote:
>> Jim Douglas wrote:
>>>>
>>> Give me a chance guys :) I upgraded my machine to 2G if RAM and now I
>>> find that gcc is stalling on one of the tests. I am investigating the
>>> cause with QSSL.
>>>
>>> I cannot let the PC run unattended. In order to complete a test run I
>>> have to kill gcc part way through.
>> Are you feeding bjam the time limit option? (-l600) At least that way it
>> would run the rest of the tests.
>
> I thought we had this conversation some time ago and decided that it
> would not work for a stalled process. IIRC for it to work in this case
> the 'watchdog' would have to be a separate thread or process, and that
> is currently not the case.
>
> Correct me if I'm wrong.

Well we are both wrong :-) Bjam does run as a separate process from the
commands it executes. But of course I totally forgot that the -l option
is not implemented in non-Windows :-( I have a vague memory of someone
using a wrapper script that would use the shell/OS built in utility
program to limit the resources (including time) to curb stalled builds
on Unix like environments.

--
-- Grafik - Don't Assume Anything

Boost-testing list run by mbergal at meta-comm.com