Boost logo

Boost Testing :

From: Anthony Williams (anthony_w.geo_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-12-11 13:06:48

Roland Schwarz <roland.schwarz_at_[hidden]> writes:

> Anthony Williams wrote:
>> Both these failures occur on a seemingly innocuous BOOST_CHECK_EQUAL.
>
> I found a note in test_tss.cpp (dated back to bill kempf) saying:
> // Dont't call BOOST_CHECK_EQUAL directly, as it doesn't appear to
> // be thread safe. Must evaluate further.
>
>> Any ideas?
>
> Maybe this is of interest? Maybe someone could "evaluate further" ?

BOOST_CHECK_EQUAL is definitely not thread safe. Nor are most of the
BOOST_CHECK macros. I haven't tested all of them. The thread-lib tests, are
careful to protect such usage with a mutex.

In any case, the problems here are in just about every library, and most of
the tests are not threaded. In particular, there are a lot of ICE failures in
the tests of the test lib. This does not bode well for the testing the rest of
boost on msvc-6.5~release.

Anthony

--
Anthony Williams