Boost logo

Boost Testing :

From: Anthony Williams (anthony_w.geo_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-12-12 15:29:40

David Abrahams <dave_at_[hidden]> writes:

> "Gennadiy Rozental" <gennadiy.rozental_at_[hidden]> writes:
>
>> "Anthony Williams" <anthony_w.geo_at_[hidden]> wrote in message
>>> Hi all,
>>>
>>> There are a lot of tests that are causing Internal Compiler Errors on
>>> msvc-6.5~release. Several of them are in the tests for the test library
>>> itself, such as this one:
>>>
>>> http://engineering.meta-comm.com/boost-regression/CVS-RC_1_34_0/developer/output/JustSoftwareSolutions-V2-boost-bin-v2-libs-test-test-algorithms_test-test-msvc-6-5~release-release-threading-multi.html
>>>
>>> and this one:
>>>
>>> http://engineering.meta-comm.com/boost-regression/CVS-RC_1_34_0/developer/output/JustSoftwareSolutions-V2-boost-bin-v2-libs-test-test-basic_cstring_test-test-msvc-6-5~release-release-threading-multi.html
>>>
>>> Both these failures occur on a seemingly innocuous BOOST_CHECK_EQUAL.
>>>
>>> Any ideas?
>>
>> I don't have this compiler anymore. Someone interested in msvc 6.5 need to
>> look into this.
>
> Why is this happening now, as we approach release? Did Boost.Test
> unfreeze on the release branch, or did tests for this compiler just
> come online, or is it something else?

I appear to be the only regression test runner doing "release" builds ---
these toolsets are all tagged ~release to differentiate them from everyone
else, at Thomas' request.

I finally got round to adding in msvc-6.5 and msvc-6.5~release last week, and
Boost.Test appears to be broken on msvc-6.5~release, causing Internal Compiler
Errors. It works fine in the "normal" msvc-6.5 toolset (debug build).

Anthony

--
Anthony Williams
Software Developer