Boost logo

Boost Testing :

From: Vladimir Prus (ghost_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-12-18 08:17:17

Vladimir Prus wrote:

> Aleksey Gurtovoy wrote:
>
>> Vladimir Prus writes:
>>> I'm pretty sure this is yet another fallout from "--toolset" option and
>>> multiple toolsets.
>>>
>>> May I suggest that the "--toolset" change be reverted, and the
>>> command line be:
>>>
>>> borland-5.6.4 borland-5.8.2 msvc-6.5 msvc-7.0
>>> cw-8.3/runtime-link=static
>>
>> Don't we want this working before we release?
>
> Why would we? "toolset=" autoconfiguration is a way to help first time
> users.
>
> I think saying that if one wants to use more that one toolset he has to
> configure them is acceptable.
>

>>> If I understand correctly, change to use "toolset=" or "--toolset"
>>> is not a pressing at all -- the only difference is that "toolset="
>>> and "--toolset" performs toolset auto-configuration and:
>>>
>>> 1. Most testers have perfectly working user-config.jam
>>
>> Sort of, I'd say. We (metacomm) still have an outstanding CW issue
>> which we are not sure what to attribute to (toolset config, toolset
>> command line specification, something else?):
>> http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.comp.lib.boost.testing/3515/focus=3698
>
> I'm aware of this issue; I plan to look at it this weekend.

Not quite on weekend, but I think this problem is fixed. There was a code
that was disabling shared lib/static runtime combo. I've modified that
code to not apply to CW.

This means that if somebody just builds (not tests) Boost with CW, he'll get
shared lib/static runtime combos too, which might be a feature or a bug
depending from your point of view.

- Volodya

Boost-testing list run by mbergal at meta-comm.com