Boost logo

Boost Testing :

From: Nicola Musatti (Nicola.Musatti_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-01-30 02:05:08

Roland Schwarz wrote:
> After having applied the suggestions from
> John Maddock the errors have dropped
> considerably.
>
> 1) A summary for other regression runners:
>
> *) download spirit-1.6.3.zip from
> http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=28447
> *) unpack it to DRIVE:\spirit-1.6.3
> *) Add to user-config.jam :
> using msvc
> : 6.5
> : "C:/Program Files/Microsoft Visual Studio/VC98/Bin/cl.exe"
> : <cxxflags>-I"DRIVE:/spirit-1.6.3/boost"
> ;
> using borland
> : 5.8.2
> : "C:/Programm Files/Borland/BDS/4.0/Bin/bcc32.exe"
> : <cxxflags>-I"DRIVE:/spirit-1.6.3/boost"
> ;

Do you still plan to commit your other patch? I think it would be a
better solution in the long run. Anyway I suggest we wait and see if I
manage to release Spirit 1.6.4 in time for 1.34.

> 2) The remaining borland errors:
> @nicola: Does the spirit-1.6.3 still need a patch,
> or is this the static link issue?

All the serialization failures and the one regex failure appear to be
instances of the static linking problem. Volodya said he knew what was
wrong. I'd wait for him before marking the tests expected.

I don't have MSVC 6 so I can't comment on the other issue.

Cheers,
Nicola Musatti

Boost-testing list run by mbergal at meta-comm.com