Boost logo

Boost Testing :

From: Joaquin M Lopez Munoz (joaquin_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-02-12 17:00:04

Hello,

A couple of weeks ago we decided about the convenience of
forcing static linking of Boost.Test on MSVC++ 6.5, given
that DLL linking is definitely not supported for this lib
on this environment, so that some tests for this lib would
pass instead of showing as misleading failures. As a result,
Roland added the following conditional requirement to the
RC_1_34_0 branch of libs/test/build/Jamfile.v2:

lib boost_unit_test_framework :
 $(UTF_SOURCES).cpp : <toolset>msvc-6.5:<link>static ;

Now, the very same problem is showing for MSVC++ 6.5 +
STLport in speedsnail-msvc-dp, see for instance
http://tinyurl.com/3yub7k .

Shouldn't we then extend the <link>static requirement to
also cover this case? I don't know whether the following
would do (are wildcards supported in this context?):

  <toolset>msvc-6.5*:<link>static

or else we need an extra requirement or a smarter construct.

Thank you,

Joaquín M López Muñoz
Telefónica, Investigación y Desarrollo

Boost-testing list run by mbergal at meta-comm.com