Boost logo

Boost Testing :

From: Joaquin M Lopez Munoz (joaquin_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-02-15 16:01:12

Vladimir Prus <ghost <at> cs.msu.su> writes:

> "JOAQUIN LOPEZ MU?Z" wrote:

[...]
> > Shouldn't we then extend the <link>static requirement to
> > also cover this case? I don't know whether the following
> > would do (are wildcards supported in this context?):
> >

> > <toolset>msvc-6.5*:<link>static
> >

> > or else we need an extra requirement or a smarter
> > construct.
>
> The above won't work, so you either need a separate requirements
> for msvc-6.5 with stlport4 or employ "conditional requirements"
> mechanism.

I've got that far as finding out about conditional
requirements, but then got stuck at the following:

  http://lists.boost.org/boost-build/2007/02/16148.php

and kept waiting for some advice here --most likely from you :)

> Using a second requirement for stlport might be easier
> and more direct solution.

You mean inserting an additional line like this?

  <toolset>msvc-6.5_stlport4:<link>static

The problem with that is that "msvc-6.5_stlport4" is AFAIK
just a convenient name chosen by Roland, so relying on it
feels like a hack. Doesn't BBv2 provide any other means
to check whether STLport is being used other than
guessing from the toolset name?

> Are you in position to try it yourself or want Roland and me to
> do this?

I don't have the proper environment to check this
out before commiting, so I'd rather some of you took
care of it.

Joaquín M López Muñoz
Telefónica, Investigación y Desarrollo

Boost-testing list run by mbergal at meta-comm.com