Boost logo

Boost Testing :

From: Jeff Garland (jeff_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-02-17 12:35:52

John Maddock wrote:
> Boris Gubenko wrote:
>> Jeff Garland wrote:
>>> Sorry to be slow...
>> No problem, thanks for the response.
>>
>>> Do you have exact text you want in the markup...if that's what you're
>>> asking for?
>> This is the text I'd suggest, feel free to modify it as you see fit:
>>
>> "These tests rely on the ability of STL to instantiate map container
>> on an incomplete type. The Rogue Wave library version 2.2 and higher
>> does not allow this."
>
> If that's the diagnosis then it sounds like a bug in our code to me: surely
> map would expect a complete type? The std is a little vague here I admit,
> just specifying that the type must be copy-constructable and assignable: but
> that implies complete to me :-)

Yes, technically one could argue it's a bug in date-time code. That said,
AFAIK this this is the only standard lib that has this limitation. And,
unfortunately, it's not something that would be easy or quick to fix in
date-time -- hence the temporary marking of this as expected until one of us
gets a chance to make it work. Anyway, that's how I remember the issue
details without doing the necessary archeology to be sure...

Jeff

Boost-testing list run by mbergal at meta-comm.com