Boost logo

Boost Testing :

From: Martin Wille (mw8329_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-03-16 12:49:33

David Abrahams wrote:

>> I have no user-config.jam and no site-config.jam. My test-config.jam
>
> I've never heard of test-config.jam. Is that some new thing?

I'm using it for several months now. Volodya added it after several
people (including me) complained about user-config.jam being too
limited. (Essentially, you would have to create a seperate user account
in order to maintain different configurations for testing and for
production use. I have no idea why it is named test-config.jam. It would
definitely be useful in non-testing context as well.)

>> is on the page you ask me to respond to. I have no idea how to
>> respond to that web page.
>
> You log in to the trac (see https://zigzag.cs.msu.su:7813/boost.build)
> and then you can edit it.
>
>> Apparently, my email address is already on that page
>> where it is free for the bots to harvest.
>
> Sorry, I didn't know that Volodya's Trac exposed those without
> mangling. I'll remove it.
>
>> Boost.Build has been changed since the time I reported that problem
>> (in order to fix that problem). So I doubt adding
>> --debug-configuration now will help debugging the problem from that
>> time.
>
> Is the problem fixed?

Yes, it was, until the recent change.

>> Adding --debug-configuration now results in:
>
> That bjam invocation clearly didn't have toolset=... or
> --toolset=... in the command-line (was not done using toolset
> autoconfiguration) so it's not really a test of the same problem.

It's how regression.py invokes the tests, if I understand the
regression.py code correctly. ISTR, this was the change that fixed the
problem. Volodya?

Regards,

Boost-testing list run by mbergal at meta-comm.com