Boost logo

Boost Testing :

From: David Abrahams (dave_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-03-22 15:08:19

on Thu Mar 22 2007, Martin Wille <mw8329-AT-yahoo.com.au> wrote:

> David Abrahams wrote:
>> http://engineering.meta-comm.com/boost-regression/CVS-RC_1_34_0/developer/output/Martin%20Wille%20x86_64%20V2-boost-bin-v2-libs-python-test-builtin_converters-test-gcc-4-1-0_linux_x86_64-debug_release.html
>> seems to indicate corruption of the python executable. Is everything
>> OK with that installation?
>

> I can run the Python executable without problems. The error message
> looks like Python tried to execute the python binary as a Python
> script.

Well unfortunately, I can't diagnose it using the information I have
because when a "run" test fails, the regression log processing does
not capture the whole error message, which includes the commands used
to invoke the test.

I was sure I'd reported this problem in the past but now I can't find
the message.

> I'll rerun the tests tonight in order to see if this is a temporary problem.

OK. I guess it would help if you could upload your regression log in
addition to the processed XML.

> There are other errors, e.g. in the iterator test.

For the same toolset, the iterator test seems to exhibit the same
symptom.

> Nothing has been changed in the x86/32 environment for ages.
>
> I think the error message for that test indicates that the wrong Python
> binaries were used.
>
> It wouldn't be the first time it happens and these are the same symptoms
> as the last time.
>

> Could these issues be related to each other?

They look the same to me, so, yes.

--
Dave Abrahams
Boost Consulting