Boost logo

Boost Testing :

From: David Abrahams (dave_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-03-27 19:24:18

on Tue Mar 27 2007, Roland Schwarz <roland.schwarz-AT-chello.at> wrote:

> And so is
> bjam gcc
> a shorthand for
> bjam toolset=gcc
> because gcc is an implicit feature, I guess.

Correct.

> But: toolset= is different, because it is handled separately then
> the other xxx=yyy, not? (autoconfigure)

Not really separately. There is an _additional_ autoconfiguration
step. After processing all the user's xxx-config.jam files but before
doing anything else with the properties specified on the command line,
we look for toolset=.* and --toolset=.*, and try to configure any
toolsets so specified that weren't already configured. After that,
toolset=.* acts just like any other xxx=yyy.

HTH,

--
Dave Abrahams
Boost Consulting