Boost logo

Boost Testing :

From: Stefan Seefeld (seefeld_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-05-26 17:30:49

Vladimir Prus wrote:
> Stefan Seefeld wrote:

>> What's the reason for having them in the repository then, in the first
>> place ? Can't flex be made a precondition for compiling ?
>
> I don't know. In fact, it seems that flex-based parser will
> be compiled only if GRAPHIVZ_PARSER variable is set, which
> should not set by default.
>
>> How does
>> boost.build decide whether it the cpp is up to date ?
>
> Just like it does for all other (target,source) pairs?

Well, the reason I ask is because if there is a chance that the cpp has to
be regenerated, and if, thus, developers are expected to have the tool (flex)
as part of their development environment, I can't see any reason to keep the cpp
in the repository. (The only reason would have been not to require users to
have flex, but that contradicts the previous case.)

Thanks,
                Stefan

--
A serious and good philosophical work could be written that would consist
entirely of jokes.

        --Ludwig Wittgenstein

Boost-testing list run by mbergal at meta-comm.com