Boost logo

Boost Testing :

From: Rene Rivera (grafikrobot_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-07-20 15:28:36

Oliver.Kowalke_at_[hidden] wrote:
> Hi,
> now the correct list :)
> Oliver
>
> Oliver.Kowalke_at_[hidden] wrote:
>> Hello,
>> currently only Darwin, Linux,Windows, OSF1, SunOS occure in the list.
>> What about the xBSD, Solaris (OpenSolaris) systems. Does it make snese
> to do regression tests
>> on this platforms (gcc compiler)?
>> regards, Oliver
>
> I think yes, but this question really belongs to a different boost list:
> boost-testing I suggest.

Yes, it makes sense to test a variety of BSD systems. Note, Darwin is a
BSD variant, just a fairly detached one. Of the BSD types, I can think
of FreeBSD and OpenBSD (I used to run tests for this one long ago) we
might want to test. Those two are sufficiently different to cover a good
portion of the BSD differences. As for Solaris, it looks like Caleb is
running SunOS gcc-4.1.2 tests. Did you have a particular set of versions
in mind? Or something else in mind? Regardless, having at least one
redundancy is good.

Boost-testing list run by mbergal at meta-comm.com