Boost logo

Boost Testing :

From: Roland Schwarz (roland.schwarz_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-08-02 04:44:57

I have now been running regression tests for what I believed being for
version 1.34.1 by downloading the tarball from sourceforge.

The results were disapointing since it turned out that this will give
the results already present on the
http://engineering.meta-comm.com/boost-regression/CVS-RC_1_34_0/developer/issues.html
page.

The sourceforge tarball boost_1_34_1.tar.bz2
has date: (2007-07-24 16:36) , and gives the results that are on the
CVS-RC_1_34_0 status page (i.e. my results from between 5.June to 14 June).

Then I discovered that on
http://engineering.meta-comm.com/boost.aspx
there are later tarballs e.g. boost-RC_1_34_0.tar.bz2
from [8/2/2007 3:11:44 AM].

Although they have the release branch tag. So I give them a try.

The problem is, that these are only used in the regression.py when
specifiying: --tag=CVS-RC_1_34_0 as was before.

Now I hear that there is a new status page
http://engineering.meta-comm.com/boost-regression/boost_1_34_1/developer/summary.html
which my regressions will not likely be uploaded by regression.py (other
tag).

Can someone please look a little deeper into this and tell me what to
do? It is very disappointing to do days of testing with questionable
results.

Roland

Boost-testing list run by mbergal at meta-comm.com