Boost logo

Boost Testing :

From: David Deakins (ddeakins_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-08-05 14:45:25

Paolo Coletta wrote:

> I just finished porting some
> parts of the boost libraries (thread, serialization, filesystem, asio,
> date_time, regex, and some other header only libs) to Windows CE, thus, I
> would like to try to run the tests for this platform (Windows CE, ARM
> processor, Compiler Visual C++ 8.0, Microsoft Windows Mobile SDK, stlport).
> There has been some progress in creating the wince.py script cited in this
> thread. Or is anyone aware of some way to run the tests under WinCE?
>
> Paolo

Hi Paolo,

We have actually been successful here in our group in setting up the
Boost regression tests to run for Windows Mobile 5 using pretty much the
toolsets you indicate (WM5 SDK, VC8, STLport-5.1.3, and the WM5 Device
Emulator). To exchange files between the WinXP host and the WM5 Device
Emulator, we use the VS2005 Device Command Shell (CE.EXE) that Ori Amiga
wrote. We also wrote a little test launcher program that takes care of
shuffling DLLs, EXEs, and command line arguments into the emulator and
fetching the console output and exit code back out. There are probably
more elegant ways to tie all this stuff together, but what we have seems
to work. If you look at the test setup for VeecoFTC in the CVS-HEAD
regression test page, it gives most of the details on what our
user-config.jam file looks like for the WM5 testing. If you are
interested, I can try to put together other details such as what's in
the test launcher program.

-Dave

Boost-testing list run by mbergal at meta-comm.com