Boost logo

Boost Testing :

From: Beman Dawes (bdawes_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-09-14 08:05:08

As a developer looking at a test failure on the regression test result
pages, what I want to know is "Did this test include the change I
committed a few hours ago?"

To do that, I look at the report's column headings.

The date and time is helpful, and should certainly be retained. But what
I really need to know is the revision number of the working copy the
test was run from.

The revision number can be obtained from the last line of the svn up
command's output:

    Updated to revision 39263.

It also appears on line 4 of the root-directory of the working copy's
.svn/entries file, although I don't know if that location is reliable.

Is it possible to add the revision number to the column heads? Who is
the maintainer of whatever script produces the tables?

Thanks,

--Beman

Boost-testing list run by mbergal at meta-comm.com