Boost logo

Boost Testing :

From: Rene Rivera (grafikrobot_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-09-15 13:52:07

K. Noel Belcourt wrote:
> On Sep 14, 2007, at 9:37 AM, K. Noel Belcourt wrote:
>> On Sep 14, 2007, at 9:30 AM, Rene Rivera wrote:

>>> <http://svn.boost.org/trac/boost/ticket/1266>.

>> This sounds like fun. I'll take a look.

> I've got this in and working.

Awesome!

> What's a reasonable value for -l when
> running the Boost regression tests, 300 seconds, 30 seconds? I
> realize that different hardware will require different values but
> what do you think is reasonable upper limit for Boost tests in general?

In the past, on my slow Windows 1.5Ghz machine, I've set it at 10
minutes (-l600). This doesn't just depend on hardware though. Compilers
take a very variable amount of time for the same code. But at 10
minutes, it's fair to say that anything that takes longer than that
should be looked at for work around to make it take less time.

--
-- Grafik - Don't Assume Anything

Boost-testing list run by mbergal at meta-comm.com