Boost logo

Boost Testing :

From: Beman Dawes (bdawes_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-09-20 10:32:28

Douglas Gregor wrote:
> On Wed, 2007-09-19 at 17:19 -0400, Christopher Cambly wrote:
>> To resurrect an older thread... Is the testcase timeout code working yet?
>> If
>> so, how do I use it?
>
> It seems to be working fine. I've just switched two of the OSL testers
> over to using it, so hopefully we'll see more reliable results on our
> testers. To use the timeout feature, just add the following to your
> regression.py invocation:
>
> --bjam-options="-l300"
>
> I don't know the appropriate timeout value, so I guessed 5 minutes.
> We'll see after these runs complete whether that is enough time.

For Windows, I've now gotten the bjam timing code to work, and am
flowing the elapsed times through to the xml files.

You can see the results for a bjam -a run done last night at
http://mysite.verizon.net/beman/test_status.html

It looks like most tests run in a second or less, there are two or three
that take 25 seconds or so, one thread test that takes 132 seconds, and
one regex test that takes 235 seconds.

That regex timing looks a bit odd, so I'm cc'ing John in case he wants
to take a look at why it is odd man out.

The machine has a 3.0 Ghz Intel Core 2 dual processor, with 2 gigs of
memory, and nothing else was active at the time of the tests. It was
running Windows XP SP2. The compiler was VC++ 8.0 with SP1.

So a 5 minute timeout would be OK on this machine too. Your mileage may
vary.

--Beman

Boost-testing list run by mbergal at meta-comm.com