Boost logo

Boost Testing :

From: Rene Rivera (grafikrobot_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-10-05 23:01:12

Douglas Gregor wrote:
> On Oct 5, 2007, at 3:58 PM, K. Noel Belcourt wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> It seems like beta.boost.org is exceedingly slow when downloading the
>> tar ball. Anyone else having this problem?
>
> The server is getting hammered by something (load average of 33 at
> the moment), and I don't know what it is. We're looking into it...

I've tried looking into what is causing the CPU loads, since I
periodically run top on the server. But I haven't been able to get
anywhere because I can't see the apache logs to see who and what is
accessing stuff. All I can point to is the two previous data points we
have that doing logs eats CPU, and so does doing diffs. Note, the
tarball generation is very efficient and at most only tops out at 5% (of
one CPU).

--
-- Grafik - Don't Assume Anything

Boost-testing list run by mbergal at meta-comm.com