Boost logo

Boost Testing :

From: David Deakins (ddeakins_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-10-08 18:53:24

Vladimir Prus wrote:
> Beman Dawes wrote:
>
>> Almost all the VeecoFTC tests are failing for all libraries with the
>> error message shown below.
>>
>> Could someone familiar with the STL toolset please take a look at this,
>> and suggest a fix?
>
> That's my ball -- an attempt to fix #1177 traded one issue for another.
> It's on my todo for this week to resolve.

This issue should now be resolved and correct test results should appear
again later tonight. The problem turned out not to be related to
Volodya's recent stlport.jam fixes, but instead was because of a file I
neglected to remove in from regression test root directory.

On our test machine, we run regression.py out of a /BoostRT folder. It
just so happened that I had an earlier version of stlport.jam in this
/BoostRT folder. Since regression.py sets BOOST_BUILD_PATH to /BoostRT,
it was locating the old stlport.jam file in /BoostRT rather than the
current one in /BoostRT/boost/tools/build/v2/tools. The incompatibility
between this old stlport.jam and the new msvc.jam files caused the
problems.

Although this is really an error on my part not to have removed the old
stlport.jam file from /BoostRT, I guess I am curious about why
BOOST_BUILD_PATH is set to the regression root folder (/BoostRT) rather
than the folder where the boost tree is unpacked (/BoostRT/boost).
There is probably a good reason; it just wasn't clear to me.

Thanks,
-Dave

Boost-testing list run by mbergal at meta-comm.com