Boost logo

Boost Testing :

From: Nicola Musatti (Nicola.Musatti_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-10-31 02:37:00

Beman Dawes wrote:
> Nicola Musatti wrote:
>> Hallo,
>> Apparently the problem I mentioned in a previous post wasn't so
>> transient after all: process_jam_log keeps failing with a bad_alloc
>> exception. From Windows's Task Manager I see its memory consumption
>> suddenly rise to about 1.5 GB and then fall just before the error
>> message is displayed.
>>
>> I was running the full regression tests for a single toolset,
>> borland-5.9.2 . I tried restarting it by hand after closing a few
>> applications, as well as after increasing my PC's virtual memory but the
>> outcome didn't change. Any advice?
>
> I'm at a loss. Were there any warning or error messages displayed
> earlier in the run?

By running pjl with the --echo option I discovered that the problem is
caused by the graph/dominator_tree_test outputting enough repetitions of
   2147483647 to fill an over 400,000 character long line!

I'm not sure whether this is supposed to be normal behaviour or it just
happens because the test was timed out.

Cheers,
Nicola

--