Boost logo

Boost Testing :

From: David Abrahams (dave_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-10-31 11:50:37

on Wed Oct 31 2007, Beman Dawes <bdawes-AT-acm.org> wrote:

> David Abrahams wrote:
>> I've asked for this in the past... right now, when a "run" test fails,
>> we get to see the output of the test but not the commands used to
>> invoke it. I just checked in a change to python testing that was
>> supposed to have fixed
>> http://beta.boost.org/development/tests/trunk/developer/output/Huang-WinXP-x86_32-boost-bin-v2-libs-python-test-import_-test-msvc-8-0-debug-threading-multi_release.html
>> and the first thing I need to know is whether the change I made
>> resulted in the setting of a particular environment variable before
>> the test is invoked. Sadly for me, the information isn't even
>> available if I download the test log from ftp://fx.meta-comm.com
>>
>> *** Please, please, please can we get the commands used to run tests ***
>> *** into the test logs? ***
>
> Are you asking for the bjam -d2 output or for just the command line that
> actually invoked the program being tested?

Is there much of a difference?

bjam may generate any number of command lines to invoke the program.
In my case, I was looking for a line that sets the PYTHONPATH shell
variable before invoking the test itself. I'm not particularly
interested in all the junk bjam does to capture output, save status,
etc., but if it's hard to avoid showing that too, I'm happy to look at
it.

--
Dave Abrahams
Boost Consulting