Boost logo

Boost Testing :

From: Rene Rivera (grafikrobot_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-11-07 23:48:37

Aleksey Gurtovoy wrote:
>>> http://svn.boost.org/trac/boost/changeset/40599

I looked at that earlier today, before I had to leave for business
meetings, and it does seem like they should not affect the performance.

> IMHO it's much more likely that the increase in the cycle's length we
> are experiencing is due to one of these than the changes in question.

What I did find out after just waiting to see what was going on is that
it's likely because of a new Ubuntu "feature". In this case the live
search "crap" that they added on the latest release
<https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/tracker/+bug/130817>. When I
looked that whole drive indexing was eating up half my memory (both real
and virtual). Regardless of what the Ubuntu people claim that it should
not affect performance, assuming you update to fix some bugs in it, it's
obvious that any live indexing will affect performance for processes
that are disk intensive. So I've now nuked that feature so I'm hoping
the processing response improves.

--
-- Grafik - Don't Assume Anything

Boost-testing list run by mbergal at meta-comm.com