Boost logo

Boost Testing :

From: Joaquin M Lopez Munoz (joaquin_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-11-21 02:09:17

Rene Rivera <grafikrobot <at> gmail.com> writes:

> JOAQUIN LOPEZ MU?Z wrote:
> > Hello, allow me to repost the following, just in case it
> > went unnoticed by someone who can help:
>
> Thanks, for that... My overworked brain overlooked this the first time.
>
> > Hello,
> >
> > Suppose I've got a test target in my Jamfile.v2 like this:
> >
> > test-suite "whatever" :
> > [ run foo.cpp ]
> >
> > This generates a target with name foo, which as part of its
> > processing builds an executable named (in Win32) foo.exe.
> >
> > Is there a way have a different name for the executable *without*
> > changing the target name?
>
> Yes. The testing target all support specifying the target name,
> independent of the sources compiled. The "target-name" corresponds to
> the executable it creates, AFAIR...
>
> rule compile ( sources + : requirements * : target-name ? )

Hi René, thanks for your answer, but I'm afraid that is not
exactly what I want: what I'd like is to change the executable
file name only, and leave the rest (.cpp names and target name)
untouched. Sort of like the following (if only the fictitious
<executable-name> existed):

  [run foo.cpp : <executable-name>bar : foo ]

Joaquín M López Muñoz
Telefónica,Investigación y Desarrollo

Boost-testing list run by mbergal at meta-comm.com