Boost logo

Boost Testing :

From: Aleksey Gurtovoy (agurtovoy_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-11-26 01:01:34

[Re-posting the reply I accidentally sent directly to Beman]

Beman Dawes wrote:
> On line 318 of regression.py, bjam.log is being written to with >>
> rather than >.
>
> Is this correct? If so, where is bjam.log deleted?

[Hmm, what version of regression.py are you looking at? The latest
version at
http://svn.boost.org/trac/boost/browser/branches/release-tools/regression/xsl_reports/runner/regression.py
does something else at line 318.]

bjam.log is deleted as a part of the 'cleanup' step (line 156):

     log( 'Cleaning up "%s" directory ...' % regression_results )
     rmtree( regression_results )

but this step is not called for incremental runs.

I have only a vague recollection of these two being related,
and it might as well be bogus. I'd say if an incremental run
produces valid, full XML results for you (including all
libraries, as opposite to only the changed ones) after
changing the line in question to use ">", please feel free
to make the change.

HTH,

--
Aleksey Gurtovoy